French Green Bean and Potato Salad
4 cups (about 1.5 lbs) Haricot Verts (or regular Green Beans)
6 small red potatoes (about 1.5 lbs), peeled and par-boiled
6 – 8 shallots, minced
3 TBS olive oil
2 TBS fresh tarragon / 2 tsp dried tarragon (if you don’t have tarragon, dill weed tastes great, too!)
1 TBS dijon mustard
2 TBS wine vinegar
1 head bib lettuce
• Steam the beans until tender. Place beans in serving bowl.
• Cut par-boiled potatoes into bite size pieces and add to serving bowl.
• Sauté the shallots in 1 TBS oil in a small frying pan.
• In a bowl, whisk 2 TBS oil, vinegar, mustard, tarragon, and shallots together (or add all ingredients in a small jar, cover and shake) Add to the warm beans and potatoes. Toss the salad.
• To serve, place some of the salad on a leaf of lettuce for each person.